Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A software bleg





From the Urban Dictionary:

5. bleg
A noun or verb; an appeal for thoughts or more to readers of one's blog. A combination of blog + beg.

I have done very little blegging herein, but I think this is an appropriate opportunity.

I'm thinking about buying either Poker Tracker 3 or Poker Office. I have Poker Tracker 2, but find it pretty cumbersome to use. Version 3 is supposedly an improvement, but it's hard to know exactly how much better it is from their ads.

So this is an appeal for readers who have used one or both of these packages (or others, if there are comparable products that I'm not aware of) to post mini-reviews in the comments section and/or pointers to really good comparison reviews found elsewhere on the web (I haven't run across any yet, sadly).

Given my recent propensity for razz and HORSE, an important feature for me would be the extent to which the apps are flexible enough to record and analyze data from those games as well as hold'em.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

PT3 isn't the most stable of programs yet, although it's improved drastically over the past few months. There's a 2 (or 3?) month "trial" period, so there's nothing stopping you from trying it out for yourself. Personally, I made the switch from PT2 to PT3 as soon as the HUD was stable enough that I could comfortably multitable without worrying about it crashing.

voiceofjoe said...

They both offer decent trials the PT3 is 30 days i think Poker Office is limited by number of hands. I´ve not used Office for a long while and have since removed it from my Pc as it knackered my Pokerstars chat and subsequently wouldn´t load - PT3 my trial period has now lapsed but during the time i tended to use PT2 anyway as it allows imports from more sites.
As far as I could see neither allowed import of any stud games and have no plans to do so

Anonymous said...

There are statements around that PT3 will support both omaha + stud games similar to PT/Stud and PT/Omaha for PT2. But it sounds like they'll do it all through one GUI with add on modules.

The latest timeframe I've seen was late-summer.

Anonymous said...

PT3 doesn't support anything but holdem hands. There is a PT for stud that will handle razz, to my knowledge. Purchased separately. I don't know about Poker Office, but I have used PT Omaha and PT2/3 with HUD (except for 3, which has it built in) and find it to be a great product.

TheRazzDoctor said...

PT2 does have a stud version (which includes razz and stud/8)that you have to buy separately, but I don't think PT3 supports stud or razz yet. If you like using their replayer, it has some bugs when you use it for razz so you may want to try the popopop universal replayer.

Anonymous said...

Does any effective analytical software exist for the mac?